Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Being Naive or Just Learning?

I recently had a pretty lengthy conversation with a coworker which got me thinking about how much I still need to learn…
I came to the conclusion, with help from that coworker, that even though I may not be (that) young I am naïve.  At first, I was really disappointed in myself that I can be 33 and be so naïve about certain aspects of my field.  For instance, I still have a lot to learn about the ins and outs of our Union and the difficult decisions our Administration (beyond the typical things) need to make. 
As I thought about it, I realized that it’s not such a bad thing to be naïve.  It would be bad if I shrugged off these circumstances as something that I shouldn’t care about.  I’ve always said that I enjoy learning.  That also goes for life learning, not just books.  I will always look at learning as a life long process; which is something that I’ve tried to instill in the students I teach.  I love being able to have conversations with people and being told to try to look at something from a different perspective.  I enjoy listening to how and what others are thinking and try to learn from what they have to say; whether I agree or not. 
As far as my future… I will continue to try to push for what is best for education however I know how.  I will continue to do my best for the students I teach.  Most of all, I will continue to have conversations that will challenge what I know to try and make education better.

No comments:

Post a Comment